Head Brewer Vacancy
We are on the search for a head brewer to join the team and help us continue to create incredible beers as we continue on our incredible growth for 2023 and beyond.
Your key responsibilities will include but not be limited to :
1. Day to day management of the brewery team including delegating and managing their workload, ensuring recipes are followed accordingly and accurately and that beers are produced within all parameters.
2. Working with the production team to ensure in demand beers are available and all beers are released on schedule.
3. Working with the operations and sales management to ensure beer concepts are translated into effective recipes that meet all specifications.
4. Maintaining the brewhouse and other equipment to an exteremely high standard of cleanliness and hygiene in line with SALSA accreditation.
5. Routine maintenance of brewhouse equipment as required.
6. Reviewing beer status during fermentation and conditioning phases for future recipe adjustments.
7. Coordinating with production and supply chain team to ensure ingredients, chemicals and other consumables are in stock to meet brew schedule, including FIFO stock rotation.
QUALITY & COMPLIANCE
8. Completion of brew sheets and records in the Breww software, as required on schedule.
9. Assessing the quality of the brew through the brewing process, both empirical and sensory. Ensuring all brews are produced according to the recipe, with all parameters within tolerances from brew day to carbonation with maximum consistency ensuring the highest quality for every beer produced.
10. Maintaining safety and hygiene records throughout the brewery.
11. Monitoring the quality of ingredients and suggesting improvements where available.
DEVELOPMENT & IMPROVEMENT
12. Demonstrate a philosophy of continual improvement, constantly looking for ways to improve efficiency and quality.
13. Supporting and contributing to the development of lesser experienced members of the brewery team, training and supervising as required.
14. Keep abreast of beer trends, technologies, ingredients and processes to continually improve product quality, innovation and production efficencies.
15. Be involved in the generation of new beer ideas, formulation and improvement of existing recipes.
This above does not represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities and tasks but indicates the main responsibilities required from employees in the role. The Company reserves the right to require employees to perform other duties from time to time.
To apply please download and follow the instructions on the application form from the link below