Head Brewer (Production Manager) Vacancy
We are on the search for a head brewer (production manager) to join our brewing team and lead with all aspects of production and packaging here at Fierce HQ.
Your key responsibilities will include but not be limited to :
1. Oversee every aspect of the production process
2. First point of contact in the event of production issues
3. Work with the Operations Director (and Sales team), generate new beer ideas and formulate new and improve existing recipes
4. Keep abreast of beer trends, technologies, ingredients and processes to continually improve product quality, innovation and production efficiencies
5. Work to the sales requirements for beer stock to ensure in demand beers are available and all beers are released on schedule
6. Day to day management of all brewing and packaging staff, delegating and managing their workload, and personnel development of the team
7. Work with supply chain to ensure required ingredients and chemicals are in stock to meet brew schedule and that ‘first in first out’ stock rotation is adhered to
8. Participating in brewing and packaging activities as workload allows or as required
Quality & Compliance
9. Ensure all brew paperwork is completed as work progresses, in the brewing software
10. Ensure all cleaning records are maintained in line with SALSA and hygiene requirements
11. Manage the Brewlab due diligence sample program
12. Ensure regular quality checks are completed in line with SALSA requirements
13. Ensure a regime of beer analysis (laboratory and sensory) is implemented throughout the brewing and packaging process
14. Monitor quality of ingredients and suggesting improvements where available
15. Demonstrate a philosophy of continual improvement, constantly looking for ways to improve efficiency and quality.
16. Manage yeast progagation and cropping programme in line with production schedule and yeast health.
Hygiene & Housekeeping
17. Ensure a program of brewery housekeeping and cleaning is completed to a high standard
18. Ensure a regime of preventative maintenance is carried out on all relevant equipment to minimise unplanned downtime from unexpected equipment failure
This above does not represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities and tasks but indicates the main responsibilities required from employees in the role. The Company reserves the right to require employees to perform other duties from time to time.
Please note that experience in a similar role or a formal brewing education at Degree or Masters level is essential for this role.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org