We're delighted to announce that we're launching our first ever homebrew competition here in Aberdeen!
We started our brewery from a love of home brewing so we want to give the local home brew community in Aberdeen the opportunity to showcase their beer making skills and be in with a chance of winning an epic prize - The opportunity to come and brew their beer up at Fierce HQ!!!!!
Once the beer is ready to go you'll also be the guest of honour at a special launch event in our Aberdeen bar to celebrate the release of your creation on draft and in can! *That's some pretty cool bragging rights to annoy your pals with huh?*
All the info you need is below, but if you have any questions feel free to ping us a message or pop into the bar! Happy brewing and don't forget to come along to our monthly home brew club to get some tips and tricks from our brewers on how to make your home brewing even better! ;)
- Pale ale up to 5% abv– any style, any adjunct
- IPA up to 7.5% abv – any style (Hazy, West Coast, DIPA etc)
- Sour – Berliner/fruited/hopped.
- Stout or porter – up to 6.5%. Traditional/any adjunct
- Amplified. Any of the above styles above the abv limit
- Speciality. (anything not covered by the above e.g. lagers/saisons etc)
- Each class winner will win a gift voucher for Fierce Bars. There will also be awards for Gold, Silver, Bronze.
- The overall winning prize will be to come out and brew with us and be invited to a special launch event to celebrate the release of the beer.
Rules + Requirements
- You can enter as many times into as many categories as you want
- 2 x bottles of each beer needs to be submitted with the following details attached :
o Category entered
o Beer name
o Beer Type
o Malt Bill
o Yeast Strain
o Any other descriptors for the beer
- Must live within a 50 mile radius of the Fierce brewery – Howe Moss Avenue, Aberdeen, AB21 0GP
- All entries must be delivered to Fierce bar Aberdeen or Fierce brewery
- Closing date Thursday 30th April 2020
- Judging will take place mid/late May 2020