COME WORK FOR US!! Lead or Head Brewer Vacancy
Want to come and join team Fierce and help us continue to create delicious and award winning beers??? Then this post is for you!!
We're looking for a driven, enthusiastic and innovative brewer to come in and maintain the high standard of our core recipes, while continuing our output of exciting small batch and collaboration brews.
The new position will be responsible for the management of all brewing activities, as part of the 3 person production team.
These activities will include:
· Management of the brew process, from brew day through to carbonation in BBT
· The development and improvement of current and future recipes
· Day to day management of the other brewing staff
· Maintaining quality, cleanliness and record keeping to SALSA accreditation standards
· General maintenance and upkeep of brewing equipment
· Managing the use of all resources to make improvements in flavour and efficiency where possible
· Scheduling brewing activities to meet the demand requirements of the sales team
· Liaising with supply chain to keep ingredients in stock as required, and evaluate new suppliers
· Minimum of 5 years industry brewing experience, 2 of which must be in a senior supervisory role
· Experience of working within the SALSA (or similar) food accreditation framework
· The ability to maintain and improve the brewhouse equipment
· A strong independent work ethic, with the ability to motivate and manage the production team
· A track record of developing innovative recipes
· An industry recognised brewing qualification is desirable
· A working knowledge of Mixed Fermentation brewing is desirable
The role will offer a 40 hour working week, with the requirement to do shift work as needed. Also, the role will be part of the weekend check rota. The salary will be competitive depending on the experience of the candidate. The role is open immediately, and we look forward to receiving CVs and cover letters to: